Amiran Kenya is an Agro-input distribution company that is part of the BALTON CP group.
The Seeds department at Amiran continually introduces improved plant varieties and sell our seeds to vegetable growers all over east Africa. We tap into the rich diversity our leading suppliers offer us, and combine it with market knowledge and cutting edge product development. Our aim is to become the leader in this field of seeds and seeds distribution in Africa.
At Amiran Kenya we treat our customers as partners, which is why we devote a lot of time and effort to sharing knowledge. We have a sizeable network of knowledge and contacts within the Balton CP group and our selected suppliers in the vegetable sector. Our agronomist team understands retail and sales of not only of seeds but the crop itself. This enables us to help retailers and other chain partners to ensure year-round availability of a high-quality product.
Amiran Kenya primary objective is to offer employees an enjoyable and long-term job with attractive pay and conditions. In our company, everyone is given the freedom to demonstrate their entrepreneurial spirit. The typical Amiran employee demonstrates engagement, loyalty and team spirit. Our continual growth means that we regularly have new vacancies for a wide range of different business processes.
We have an opening for Area Sales Manager.
Primarily, we are looking for a seasoned agronomist who will be responsible for (Under direction of department manager) implementing an aggressive sales plan and ensuring sales quotas are met and exceeded while surpassing client service expectations
- Understanding customers' diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs.
- Ensuring quality of service to clients.
- Identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls
- Cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services and generate new business leads and arrange meetings.
- Identifying opportunities for further sales and new areas for development through detailed research of the specific industry and/ or market.
- Organizing demo plots on farms.
- Marketing and promoting a portfolio of crops and varieties by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events.
- Developing effective sales plans utilizing sales methodology.
- Providing technical advice to customers on all aspects of the crop and specifics of our varieties, both before and after the sale.
- Meeting sales targets set by management and contributing to team targets.
- Networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional new varieties after screening.
- Providing support to customers, offering clear advice and solutions wherever possible.
- Responding to tender documents, writing proposals, and reports and supporting literature.
- Demonstrates a true passion for customer service by proactively seeking ways to delight clients and going above and beyond success factors.
- *Agronomist with Minimum 5 years’ experience in “on field” agronomy
- 4 years in sales, advantage to sales of seeds.
- Advantage to familiarity of fresh export crops.
- Good command of excel and PPP: Microsoft.
- *Driving license, minimum 2 years.
- Extensive traveling.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- *Pre requirement
If you feel that this job is for you, please send your CV and cover letter (max 2 pgs) to: firstname.lastname@example.org